MSc and Research Engineer Positions
in Particle Tracking Velocimetry, Particle Image Velocimetry, Lagrangian Physics, Optical Measurements
Assistant Professor In The Group Of Research And Teaching Staff At The Institute Of Turbomachinery
- have a PhD degree in technical sciences in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering,
- have the ability to design machines and mechanical devices, in particular turbomachines, and to prepare technical documentation for machines and mechanical devices, including turbines and compressors,
- have the ability to use Ansys CFX, Ansys SpaceClaim, Ansys TurboGrid, AutoCAD, Creo Parametrics, MatLab, MS Office,
- have experience in planning and conducting experimental investigations on turbomachines and analysing the results,
- have the ability to conduct measurements using PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) techniques and knowledge of signal analysis methods,
- have experience and skills in mathematical modelling and numerical modelling of flow instabilities in compressors,
- have scientific achievements, comprising one JCR listed publication at least,
- have experience in conducting a research project financed from domestic funds or in an international project,
- have a very good command of English, including technical terminology,
- have experience in conducting classes with students, also in foreign languages,
- experience in conducting scientific research at a foreign university or experience in cooperation with the industry would be welcome.
Research engineer: Visiting Assistant Professor- Physics
Research engineer: Development expert instruments
- participate in research activities by developing or adapting innovative techniques of local measurements of flows and complex biological structures,
- implement and perpetuate certain equipment owned or hosted at TBI: PIV 2D (Particle Image Velocimetry), PLIF (Planar-Laser Induced Fluorescence), optical microscopy, forceps optics, high-frequency video acquisition, ombroscopy, colorometry,
- capitalize, develop and perfect image processing and programming tools partner,
- support scientific needs and identify technical specifications for the design or the use of an instrument.
- get involved in short and medium-term projects relating to its expertise on systems analysis, visualization and illumination for shadow analysis, microscopy, fluorescence etc.
- ensure the operational management of the equipment park (3 PIV lasers, 4 cameras> 1000 images / s, 1 camera high sensitivity, 9 fast dual-shutter cameras, 10 cameras> 150 fps and 10 low cameras frequencies), including maintenance and renewal.
- design custom metrologies in collaboration with the team's researchers to meet the scientific questions of the project
- support permanent and non-permanent agents in the acquisition and processing of signals and data from experimental campaigns
- provide the technical interface for TBI on the federation's imaging and velocimetry platform of FERMAT research (FR 3089) in which the team is very involved and active (TOMO PTV, PIV 2D 3C,…).
Research engineer: Aerodynamics and Flight Dynamics Engineer (CDI - permanent)
Researcher: In Laser-Based Combustion Diagnostics
A PhD or equivalent research qualification within the subject of the position.
Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
Experience and knowledge in laser-based combustion diagnostics for measurements of species concentration, and temperature.
Experience from research related to gas turbine combustion
Ability to plan and execute research projects in an independent way and with external partners
Experiences from safety work related to the work description
Research fellow: Optical Diagnostics for Sprays
- A good (1 or 2:1) degree in fluid dynamics, physics, engineering or mathematics, and a relevant post-graduate qualification/PhD.
- Competence in optical and laser diagnostics for sprays or multiphase flows, image and data processing, proven by publications in international refereed journals.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with Experience using phase doppler anemometry (PDA) to be used during the work on the project is desirable.
Research fellow: Fluid Mechanics
- Design an experiment for a small wind tunnel, carry out flow visualisation and particle imaging velocimetry and analyse and present data.
- Write reports, meet milestones, engage in high quality research projects to achieve success in produce high quality research outputs
- Work with an increasing degree of autonomy as skills and experience develop.
- Ability to learn new skills in multiple disciplines and to work in multi-disciplinary environments
- Demonstrated initiative in research and problem solving
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration
Assistant Professor: Geosensing Systems Engineering
- Applicants must have an earned Ph.D. in Geology, Earth Sciences, Geomatics Engineering, or equivalent field of study obtained prior to hire date, and must have at least two years of post-graduate experience, either as a postdoctoral scholar, research associate or in industry.
- Must have at least two years of experience working with high-resolution 3D topography for change detection applications, focused on earthquake and geomorphic processes.
- Experience working with change detection methods such as particle imaging velocimetry (PIV), iterative closest point (ICP) and the ability to develop additional algorithms in a variety of languages such as python and Matlab required.
- Should be proficient in geodetic datums and data processing techniques necessary to transform raw lidar data from level 0 to level 2 or higher.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to self-motivate or work as an effective team member; experience managing a team is desired; good disposition and adaptability towards extended domestic travel.
- Per grant sponsor stipulations, only US citizens may be considered for this position.